WELCOME TO SOUTH EAST ASIA TRAVEL, TIPS AND ATTRACTIONS-LOW COST TRIP FOR BACKPACKERS
Muffled up in forests, surrounded by volcanoes, fringed with golden sand that shines with the rays of sun. This is Southeast Asia one has always visualized.
Southeast Asia’s travel trail is shabby as people have been exploring South East Asia since 1960. In South East Asia Thailand is perfect place to start with, trail making its way through Vietnam and then through Angkor way up to Laos. Trail heads back into Thailand before coming down to Malaysia and Singapore. Trail mostly covers these counties.
South East Asia comprises of eleven countries, classified into main lands and islands:
South East Asia always has something to offer to travellers. For now South East Asia is a great place as it is safe and very convenient to travel around. This region is place of resorts, alluring hotels and motels and beautiful eateries. Cars and private busses are available every where in order to provide a grand holiday. Jungle trekking is one of the must do things in South East Asia, no matter where you are in this big region. While jungle trekking traveller can cherish the beauty of thick forests and its wild life. With the heavy bunched trees there are cataracts giving the nature more beauty.
In South East Asia accommodation is very cheap, simple guesthouses including fans, hot water and TV facility are so affordable. Even if travellers go for luxurious rooms that include comfortable beds, internet facility and much more services they are even affordable. While travelling in South East Asia street foods are famous and economical. Singapore is famous for its street food, tourists can find very cheap food in Cambodia, fast food is considered as most expensive cuisine in South East Asia. Here Activities are also very cheap, most temples are free of cost to visit in, some big temples requires money to enter in but do not worry the cost reduces to half in day time.
Bus can take you to anywhere and everywhere in the region, this is an inexpensive and most convenient way to travel in South East Asia. Talking about cars and busses, travelling overnight would cost you less than travelling during the day time, but cost vary depending upon distance. Although in South East Asia train service is very restricted but they introduced a train which connects three countries starting from Thailand to Singapore and then Malaysia, a reasonable and economical way of travelling. Day trains are cheaper than the night trains with beds. Remember in South East Asia trains are always cheaper compared to other transports.
Talking about temperature in South East Asia, it varies country to country and even with in the country. This region is very unpredictable for its temperature, but the best time is from end of November to end of April when temperature is not extreme in most of the region.
Moving towards the countries of South East Asia and their Exciting things:
Thailand is one of the most famous destinations for the tourists in South East Asia. Remarkable tropical scenery with limestone cliffs which are ideal for climbing. Islands which have palm trees all around with greenish blue translucent water, lush forests with wild life with mix of temples and other places to visit. You could find language barrier in Thailand as the English that people of Thailand is difficult to speak and understand.
This Place is paradise on earth. Some famous brief activities and the best things Thailand offers to its visitors:
- Khao Sok National Park is a must visit place, where there is a perfect combination of nature and adventure. Where you can explore caves, can play with baby monkeys and feed them. Terrific place to go on holidays. Jungle trekking and canoeing are famous activity to perform in Khao Sok National Park. The main and the heart of Khao Sok National Park is Cheow Lake where you can stay in floating raft houses on the lake.
- Maya Bay; beautiful beaches within and surrounding covered with white shinny sands. It is main attraction in Phi Phi. Different kinds of boats can be found in May Bay for the tourist to give them a tour to whole Maya Bay. Scuba diving and capping are arranged there for travellers. Drinking is fun, you must take food along when going there, as no food is available.
- Thailand is famous for its street food, else than curries and food Thailand has great taste in desserts. Bangkok is the best place for street food. Main street food item is Noodles. Food is very spicy generally.
- World renowned massage is of Thailand, it is just a heavenly experience. All stress is drained, muscles get relaxed and body has a wonderful experience.
- Thailand is place to visit if you want beach parties, dancing with music, drinking and having lots of fun Thailand is famous for its infamous buckets as well.
- Koh phangan is the place where some tourists noticed that most beautiful moon is seen here and they celebrated it by having party there. Since than 15000 people are arranging parties and celebrating full moon parties.
Some of the popular cities of Thailand for travellers that are worth visiting are:
Bangkok is an entrance to many other places of Thailand; from here you can take a shot flight to Phuket, Koh Samui, Chiang Mai and many other popular destinations. Bangkok is capital of Thailand and it gives you everything that one can expect from the Capital, it is catching, noisy, full of people. Bangkok is famous for its nightlife, city for those who like hustle during night. Food is amazing, your taste buds could experience delicious meals which could not be found anywhere in the world. Bangkok is on average the hottest place and shopping is amazing, huge plazas could be found with great ambiance. Magnificent temples and museums are the beauty of Bangkok.
- Wat Traimit(Temple of golden Budda) is very popular temple in Bangkok. It is worth visiting, buddha is made of gold and still no one knows how it came to Bangkok.
- Grand Palace is on of major historical tourist attraction. Palace have many impressive buildings including Temple of the Emerald Buddha known as Wat Phra Kaew. Palace is used for celebrating many ceremonial happenings. There is a strict dress code that visitors have to follow in order to visit temple. If travellers want to know the relevance about what they are seeing they must hire a guide so important features are not missed.
- Visit to Wat Pao is an excellent addition to a tour, considered as place of heeling. There is traditional medical school in the premises which offers Thai and foot massage, but it is expensive from other massage parlours.
- To get an idea of dozen of wooden row boats floating by, filled up with farm fresh vegetables, fruits, or flowers you could arrange a tour to Damnoen Saduak, a popular floating market. Cruise trip from Bangkok to the floating market is the best tour option.
- Thailand’s only museum is National Museum and Wang Na Palace in Bangkok. Half a day is devoted to see the whole museum. Visitors can see religious and ceremonial artifacts, impressive collection of Buddha figures arranged according to the time.
If you are finding tourists spot that could be just about anything you desire then the answer is Phuket. Perfect place to dive into for relaxing, seeking adventure and clubbing at nights. Phuket is biggest island is Thailand, surrounded by many extremely beautiful beaches. Hotels offers taxis at the airports that take you to the hotel easily. Some of the Popular beaches of Phuket are:
- Ptonng Beach
- Karon Beach
- Kata Beach
- Kamala Beach
- Bang Tao Beach
- Surin Beach
- Nai Beach
- Kata Noi Beach,
- Mai Khao Beach
Phuket’s most important temple is Wat Chalong, elegantly decorated visisted by thousands of tourists every year. Building has thousands of glittering glass pieces on its pagodas that reflects. Airports shuttles take you to Phuket and then busses there will take you to patong. It is a convenient option after a tiring flight all day long. Beaches are crowded at the day time, Patong really shines with the sun. Coconut milkshakes are available down the road from Patong, a nice way to cool yourself. Banana pancakes are popular among tourists. For camping and trekking it is a safe place. A famous show that casts ladyboy held in Phuket called Simon Cabaret, the biggest show. Phuket have many chilled out places that offers great music, cocktails and tasty food. Phuket tourism industry is constantly growing. If you are looking for unwind time then the best time to visit Phuket is from December to March.
3.PHI PHI ISLAND
Phi phi island famous for its lush green vicinity, relaxing at the shore with wonderful white sand. Water is so clear and green magnificently beautiful. The peaceful environment always attracts visitors. Kho phi phi Leh is second largest island in Phi Phi, with crystal clear water, white sand and lush greenery. Tourists go there enjoys beaches and variety of water activities. Viking cave is another spot to go in Koh Phi Phi Leh. When you visit phi phi island following are the places you need to see.
- Maya bay and its surrounding beach is absolutely awesome, to get there you need to swim making way through small cave opening.
- One of the six islands belonging to Phi Phi is bamboo island. Its central part is full of bamboo trees that gave its name Bamboo island. Island offers recreation activities like snorkeling, kayaking and scuba diving.
- Moo Dee Beach is a noiseless, cool and calm place with white sand beach. Day and night trip both are worthy. At both ends of the bay snorkeling is offered and boats are available.
Another country South East Asia has for tourists known as playground for rich in Singapore. Singapore offers big and expensive shopping malls, fine dinning, big hotels and much more. Singapore is one of the cleanest countries in the world. Shopping and food is the specialty that Singapore offers. Singapore offers many attractions which are family friendly and are for general public. Singapore provides outstanding transportation all over the country that makes travelling easier. Singapore is most easiest place to travel, as English is spoken and road signs are also written in English.
Some of the main tourists attractions in Singapore are:
- Half day city tour
- Tour to Botanic Garden
- Universal studios Singapore
- Hop on Hop off Bus tour to Singapore
- Sentosa island tour
- Night safari
- Jurong Bird Park
- Singapore city park
- Gardens by Bay
- Art science museum
- Jungle breakfast with wild life
- Night city tour with attraction
- Adventure cove waterpark
- Marina bay sand
- River safari with night safari
- Spa experience
- Butterfly pass
- Insect kingdom
- Singapore sight seeing
- Bicycle half day tour to historical places
Fast way to visit around these attractions are MRT (Mass Rapid Transit), it is for the public and very economical to travel. Singapore offers a tourists pass for travellers that gives you unlimited travel in busses and train for 3 consecutive days.
- One of the most favourite places for tourists to visit is Singapore’s Merlion, gaint figure located there has lion’s head and tail of fish. Throughout the city there are five Merlion statues.
- Another place you must visit in Singapore is Gardens by the bay, huge green space beautifully designed. It is very popular for its architecture and won many awards. Perfect place to enjoy the greenery and vibrant life. Futuristic structure are found here and you can enjoy that fully.
- Singapore’s night safari is the thing to see and enjoy, totally a unique attraction. People are present there to take care of the animals, feed them and visitors can observe feeding animals. 1000 animals are seen there in safari from all around the world. It is unique wildlife experience.
- Singapore is the city for shopping it has many designer chic and style. Orchard Road is an iconic street, similar to London Oxford Street. Both sides are fringed by departmental stores, spas, beauty salons restaurants and cafes. You would mostly find the high end stores in the Orchard road.
- Singapore flyer, world’s largest wheel. You can buy the ticket and can get the opportunity to take the ride and observe the whole city from the top. Flight takes 30 minutes each and it is available whole day and night. The panoramic views are totally different in the day and at night.
- At the south a purpose build island is built with leisure in mind, called sentosa. Where there is collection of different beaches, dining, shopping, golf and theme parks. If you want to have some fun in Singapore then santosa is the place. Among people it is popular as beach destination. At santosa island you can also enjoy underwater aquarium, uniqueness of the island.
Malaysia comes on 9th when ranking countries on tourism point of view. Some of the main attraction Malaysia offers to tourists are. Distinct countries, alluring beaches, tasty food, rain forests and beautiful islands all can be found in this country of southeast Asia.
Some of top sights in Malaysia are:
- Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Center
- Blue Mansion
- Penang National Park
- Tawau Hills Park
- Agop BatuTulug
- Batu Caves
- Kellie’s Castle
- Borneo Sun Bear Conversation Center
Kula lampur , capital of Malaysia, multiple natural attractions, enhancing skyscrapers and colonial architecture. Malaysia is divided into various districts. Biggest malls in Kauala lampur are the tourist attraction of the city.
Some of the main attractions of this city of Malaysia are:
- Pardana Botanical Gardan possesses largest gardens in Kuala lampur city center. It features walking paths and fountains. This garden is set in Tun Abdul Razak Heritage Park.
- Central Market is one of the attraction for artistic community. It is a cultural landmark of Kuala lampur. It is cheap market and full of traditional goods. Central market is located just near the transportation links.
- Petrona towers are the popular place to see in Kuala lampur. Tower is occupied by Oil Company and in tower two multination companies are there. At the side of twin tower there are beautiful parks with jogging tracks, water fountains, walking paths and pool for children.
- On level 86 of Petronas twin towers there is an observation deck from where people can see tower’s spire and digital display. It also offers astonishing view of city.
Coming to the conclusion these are some countries of South East Asia which are full of life where tourists can visit and enjoy. Most famous places are discussed in this article without which a tour couldn’t be completed. These countries are most happening courtiers of South East Asia from tourist’s point of view, but other countries are also worth visiting.